We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
33 posts
395 reviews
Save Topic
suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Help...looking for a location by the sea with a nice beach, good retaurants , some shops to browse & nice areas to walk to to keep our interest as not avid sunbathers....would be looking for Mar 2015...at least 4* hotels,,,,any suggestions please?

R. M. S Antique And Brassware
Art Galleries, Art Museums, History Museums, Natural History Museums, Speciality Museums
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,495 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Hi there,

Taj Vivanta Bentota, Chaaya Tranz or Citrus Hikkaduwa, Mandara Mirissa all could be options. But esp. Bentota/Beruwala and Hikka have some more upmarket options, but look out for their locations - not all are close to the shopping/restaurant areas of those towns, e.g. Asian Jewel and Lavanga in Hikka would not qualify due to that.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
33 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Hi...really struggling to find somewhere that gives us a bit of everything. Dining out being very much a part of our holiday. A couple of hours at the beach is enough for us but like to be by the sea. Like to walk to different locations and browse shops and some nice places for a drink in the evenings...I will check those suggestios out thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,495 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Yes these are the three areas most suitable. Tangalle and U'tuna also have restaurant scenes but no 4+ stars nearby those I can think of, and Negombo has all but a dismal beach...

Have fun searching,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Galle has a great choice of restaurants and fine hotels. But the closest beach is Unawatuna and Thalpe. You can stay in either one and take a short taxi ride when you're bored.

Hotel recommendations on post #1 are good, with the exception of Mandara. Haven't been there myself, but heard reviews that seem to rate it as a 3 star.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

I am with Erik with Bentota/Beruwala some nice places to eat especially the Austrian place on the water side

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Avani Bentota and Centara Ceysands could also be options.

Hans

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
33 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

Thanks all...I'll check those out.

8. Re: suggestion's for good restaurants shopping & places of inter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:16