We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa when to take online

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Visa when to take online

Hi there,travelling on AUgust 13th to Sri lanka from India and then departure on 19th,so when should I take my visa online,i have got the sites from the forum,where to apply,please reply dear freinds,also anyone know any idea of MOON LANKA tours,please shed some advice,as I want a ery compact budget trip with a family of 4 and hvng to stay for 7 days...or is it ok that i book my own hotels and sightseeing and take only the transportation from the agent,soem asked 350 to 400 US dollar for transportation fro day 1 to day 7th

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa when to take online

It takes 5 mins to 24 hours to get ETA approved and it's valid for 6 months from approval date.

Hans

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa when to take online

Thank u

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa when to take online

You can apply for visa on the govt website http://www.eta.gov.lk/ ,please apply only at the govt site other sites charge around $75 .

7 day trip around $ 350 to 450 in normal ,but that would depend on vehicle ,driver accommodation etc..

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa when to take online

Thank u ,but i checked with the same visa site,and as I belong to SAARC country,per person i have to pay only 15 US$ per passenger and my son of 7yrs,it says free for all under 12,am I right or have I understood it wrong,I come to srilanka from India and go to UAE from there

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa when to take online

Please don't post follow up questions all over TA ,stick to the thread started by you , i see something here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k689…

You pay a low rate as a saarc citizen ,yeah your understanding is correct , Rates of above $1400 for kandy,nuwara,colombo is high unless you are staying at $120 /day hotels,Try to get quotes from different agencies and pick the one that suits you.

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa when to take online

Thank u Jayasker ,but no idea what u mean by stick to my thread,in this thread I am asking of visa,in the other since it was of travel agency, i too am getting it arranged thru an agency and dont want to be in wrong hands,so asked them politely,no idea what was wrong.Anyways ,thanks for the rate alert, i too am, working on it to 1200 dollars or so.

7. Re: Visa when to take online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16