We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

Lyndhurst, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

Nice dilemma! We only have 14 nights and have sketched out a rough itinery from Columbo up to Sirigya for 2 nights, across to Tricomalee, down to Kandy then on train from Kandy to Ella, staying at a camp one night then two nights Arugam Bay. We have two sons in tow, age 16 and 20, so mostly we will be doing stuff rather then seeing stuff. The question is - we want to have a two day break somewhere - Kandy weather at this time of year seems to be possibly warm but wet, Trinco 35 degrees+. We want to try and see a blue whale up here. But I am not a lay on a beach person, none of us are, and I don't like the heat much. 28 is my limit. I think I am answering my own question! But the rest of the holiday involves frantic travelling so maybe I can manage a beach, especially these beaches which sound beautiful! Any advice - I think Kandy is more my cup of tea (ow) but not if it's like England in May. I have just done England in May. We still have the heating on.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

Not been to Trinco but Kandy is not like England in May. It beautiful weather and plenty to see and do. I am a beach and heat person so would choose the beach but if you want to see all Kandy has to offer a wander through the botanical gardens and looking at the Temple of the tooth with traditional kandyan dancers by night then Kandy sounds like a plan.

Lyndhurst, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

Good to hear Jo thank-you! I have found a lovely looking house on airbandb in the Kandy hills. Can see myself sitting looking on the balcony sipping tea reading!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

When do you intend to visit Sri Lanka?

Hans

Lyndhurst, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

End of July

5. Re: Chill in Kandy or Tricomalee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:16