We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Asia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Hi guys!

After getting a lot of information from TP forum I have decided to take a 2-week holiday in Sri Lanka with my girlfriend.

I did manage to use the "wrong" title for her in the visa application. I used Mrs. while her Thai passport states Miss. Could this cause us problems when arriving at Colombo Airport?

I have found some information online in regard to flight tickets that this should be no issue, however this is a visa. I would really appreciate to hear someones experiences or even thoughts on this matter.

Thanks all!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,057 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Hi there,

Should be no problem. Main thing they check for is passport number and sometimes last name, not 'details' like the title.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Asia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Thanks for the quick reply with good news!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Worst case is you will have to apply for a new ETA on arrival.

Hans

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Hi I applied for a visa for srilanka.evisa.org it is not affiliated with the gov. I did not read the finer print until I had booked it. Has anyone ever booked using this site and if so was it legit.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Yes. Lots of discussions about it here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k633…

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

Its no problem

You could explain if they ask you why but I highly doubt they would

Worst moment would be to apply again right in the airport again but then again you shouldn't worry

You can say it was simple mistake :)

7. Re: E-visa - Mrs/Miss issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2015, 05:16