We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandy and Ella - hot or mild in August?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kandy and Ella - hot or mild in August?

We're traveling through the central province mid to late August. I have read so many forum threads about the climate being slightly cooler in Kandy and Ella. My question is, do I need accommodation with air con and a pool? I would not do without either in Bali or Thailand because of the combination of heat and humidity. But is it necessary in the cooler parts of SL? Is it hot or mild? How is the humidity in August in Kandy and Ella? Any feedback most appreciated :-)

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Kandy District, Sri Lanka
Ella
Ella
Uva Province, Sri Lanka
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,212 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kandy and Ella - hot or mild in August?

Hi there,

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

For Kandy a pool is welcome, AC is doubtful; for Ella neither are useful.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Ella
Ella
Uva Province, Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,706 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kandy and Ella - hot or mild in August?

I'd want AC for Kandy.

You don't need aircon for Ella. As far as I'm aware, "98 Acres" is the only hotel with a pool in Ella. It's a nice luxury after a long trek, but not essential.

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Ella
Ella
Uva Province, Sri Lanka
3. Re: Kandy and Ella - hot or mild in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17