We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December around cultural triangle

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Weather in December around cultural triangle

Hi all,

I am planning to visit cultural triangle at the first week of December. The areas most probably cover Sigiriya, Dambulla and Kandy. As the info found in web is not pleasant to visit due to Maha Monsoon. Does anyone visit this area during December before? Isn't raining all the time? If not, i have to head to south. Many thanks.

Regards,

Fel

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,743 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December around cultural triangle

Hi Fel,

Standard 2nd intermonsoon climate, would not worry too much. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

for an overview, 2/3 of the days should have plenty of sunshine! Exception could be Habarana as it's more exposed to east monsoon.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December around cultural triangle

The weather patterns have all changed and I doubt you can really predict what will happen. Either way you will have plenty of sunshine to enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Weather in December around cultural triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16