We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better off prebooking everything or...?

brussels
3 posts
Save Topic
Better off prebooking everything or...?

Hi,

I'm off to Sri lanka for 2 weeks in November and knowing it can be the rainy season (and trying to avoid if possible rain);

would it be wiser to wait and prepare all when arriving in Colombo (and looking at the weather forecast) or would it be just fine prebooking all the places at once before hand.

I'd hate to start with Kandy knowing it's raining then and would be better the next week for example.

Weather wise which is best?

and price-wise would it be a big difference to just go along as the weather tells me to?

Many Thanks,

Very much looking forward to it :-)

Alexander

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,461 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better off prebooking everything or...?

Hi Alexander,

It's more or less lowseason so yes you can 'wing it'. However for places without much choice/competition still better to book by phone or Agoda etc. 1-2 days ahead (not by yourself, see text below why not) as your bargaining position once on the ground and confronted with suddenly upped prices would be bad. General booking info here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c148004/Sri-L…

All the best, Groetjes,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Better off prebooking everything or...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17