We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

I know 5 days is short but unfortunately that is all the time we have. We are a family of 4 with 2 children, ages 10 and 6. Our plan is to fly into Colombo during the first week of January. Our top goal is to see wildlife, including elephants in the wild (hopefully leopards too). Kids would enjoy elephant safari like the ones in Thailand and Bhandhavgarh, India and I am not sure if that is an option. A beach day would be nice. We need Itinerary suggestions and transport suggestions. We are independent travellers by nature but considering we do not have much time, we are not opposed to using tour companies that specialize in small groups. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Tour Guide sriLanka
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Safaris
Guide in Sri Lanka
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Rasika Round Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Safaris
Sri Lanka Kandy Tours
Safaris, Private Tours
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

Most convenient is hiring a car/van with driver.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

I suggest that you head to the cultural triangle where you can do the elephant stuff. You can also do a full safari in Wilpattu and spend the last day/night on the beach in Kalpitiya.

You can also spend the first night in Kandy. Then you have the option of going via the elephant orphanage. But this will make it all the more rushed

Bentota, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

I 'd done couple of nights in Habarana including Minneriya national park for Elephants and one night in Kandy en-route to Pinnawala and then to Mt Lavinia beach.

4. Re: Suggestions for a 5 day itinerary In Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17