We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Hi

I am planning to visit Sri Lanka Mid December 2014.

I would like to do the following things but not sure in what order or how many days i need in each place or how to arrange the trip.

1. Fly to colombo

2. Pinnawela

3. Sigiriya

4. Anuradhapura

5. Dambulla

6. Kandy

7. Polonnaruwa

8. Yala Park

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Also any good drivers anyone can recc with quote for this sort of trip.

Thanks

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Sorry to add i have approx 11 nights in sri lanka I would ideally live to cover the cultural tours in approx 5 nights and spend the rets beach hopping over the rest of the holiday.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,612 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Hi there,

* 1 night Negombo to start with

* 1 night A'Pura also to see town in half a day

* 2 nights Dambulla to see Golden Temple, Sigiriya, P'ruwa

* 2 nights Kandy also for Pinawela

Least-bad beach resorts mid December are Hikka, Unuwatuna, Mirissa. However none of them allows day trip to Yala, it'll always be an overnighter. You could do Yala after Kandy but it's an 8-hour ride (while beach towns are 5 hours from Kandy, partly using E-way).

For all you need car with driver, with public transport it would take far more time.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Hi

Thanks for your reply, with regards to how long I need to stay in each place. Do I deffo need two nights in Kandy?

Also with regards to to Yala - any good hotels near by I can stay at? 4 or 5 star range, I don't mind if it's an overnight, how long would it take from Kandy to Yala approx?

So would it be wise to say avoid the east coast in December for beach's and stick to the south and west coast?

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,612 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Hi there,

Yes Kandy needs 2 nights, otherwise no halfday for Pinawela and also Temple of Tooth and botanical garden. Yala Cinnamon Wild is best, as said it's 8 hours drive from Kandy. Indeed east coast has full swing monsoon then.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Hi

Thanks for your reply really helpful :) can finally start booking now.

7. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 23:05
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

Thanks for your replies :)

9. Re: Sri Lanka - Cultural and beach tour Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:18