We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
72 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, I've been checking on my weather app and it's showing thunderstorms for the whole of next week when we are there but the temperature looks pretty good. Is it likely to rain all day or does it usually rain a few hours then have some sunshine.

Also we're going up to the tea plantation at KANDAPOLA and have been told it's cooler there. I know it's difficult to advise others but do you think a light cardigan will be enough or would a fleece be better?

Many thanks

Angela

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,311 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hi there,

Nice sun between B'fast and 3-4 PM, as usual. Rains at other times. See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

for the climate zones, Kandapola is about coldest of the island. If you only go outside by day a fleece will do, walking after dark would definitely need a light jacket.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Sometimes rain can also come earlier, but it usually don't rain for long time.

Hans

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
72 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thank you, I'll pack my fleece.

4. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17