We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

I am planning a 5 day trip to Sri Lanka next October with my wife. It will be our first trip. We'll be spending 3 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Bentota. On our third day we plan a full day visit from our base in Kandy to either Nuwara Eliya or Dambulla. What would you advise ? Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

Hopefully you will see more than just Dambulla. E.g. include at least Sigiriya.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

Nuwera Eliya is nice with a lot of tea estates and the sort. You will also find the weather refreshingly cooler.

But Sigiriya is more of a "must see", and is quite unique to Sri Lanka. Best to research a bit more and see what appeals to you more.

Level Contributor
325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

If you are very much in to nature, greenery,tea estate and nice climate Nuwera Eliya is the place.

but meanwhile just remember Sigiriya is considered as the 8th wonder of the world and definitely worth visiting there.

If i were you and if i had to choose one from Sigiriya and Nuwara eliya, I would definitely do Sigiriya.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

The climate in Nuwara Eliya is often not friendly.

Hans

Level Contributor
325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

Or else do as follows.

1. First 2 days in bentota.

2. 3rd day morning head to Nuwara eliya and stay there.

3. Following day do kandy,pinnawala, temple of tooth stay in kandy.

4. Start early morning and climb sigiriya and then Dambulla , back to negombo/or airport.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

Thanks to all for your valuable feedback

Zulu

7. Re: Dambulla or Nuwara Eliya ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16