I plan to spend around 2 1/2 weeks in Sri Lanka in October and have accoms booked in Colombo on arrival and for the last night. What's a reasonable itinerary and where does Adam's Peak fit into an itinerary?
1) Colombo to Galle to Kandy to Nuwara Eliya(?) &/or Polonnaruwa(?) or Anuradhapura(?) & back to Colombo
2) Galle to Kandy &/or Nuwara Eliya? Do I need to double back to Colombo or is it possible to go direct? Galle really interests me....
3) Nuwara Eliya? Looks pretty BUT I don't see reasonably priced accoms/guest houses there on Agoda etc.
4) Adam's Peak? Where does that fit in and do I need to stay below it in order to climb it? Note: I have a second question posted in the forum about organized tours to see it from places like Kandy.
5) Polonnaruwa and Anuradhapura? Both sound interesting (I've seen ALOT of similar stuff in SE Asia though) but are they easy to get to from Kandy?