We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap accomodation

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cheap accomodation

Anyone know any cheap accomodation in colombo?

Ive found a couple but their in wellawata, and Ive a feeling thats far from all the action of bars, restuarants and sights.

so if anyone has suggestions,that would be great,

oh, how safe is it to walk the streets alone,day and night?

Thanks

Belgium, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap accomodation

Hi

A place in the Colombo fort call YMCA room charge will about 4-6 us$ .that is most cheapest accommodation you find in Colombo fort .

There is no problem to walk alone the street try to avoid rush hours it normally between 0730-0930 hrs , 1300-1430 hrs and 1600-1800hrs.

Thanks you,

ind

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap accomodation

Hi,

Not sure about the prices at YMCA but provides accommodation for reasonable rates.

Nishantha

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap accomodation

Hi,

a couple of places I've had reccommended to me but not used yet.

Wafarers Inn,

77 Rosemead Place,

Colombo, 7. Tel; +94-1-2693936

OR

Mrs Nanayakara's Guest House,

20 Chelsea Gardens,

Colombo. Tel; > +94-71-1178758

I did go to Mrs nanayakars house but unfortunately she was full. It looked good. Like a little cottage in a very quiet street near the centre.

Rod.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,460 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap accomodation

Hi there....

All depends on what you mean by "cheap" of course, last Saturday night i stayed in the Regency wing at Galle Face Hotel in Colombo for $54 (£27) on a B&B basis, well thats pretty cheap in my books !

E-mail me on davidjstockwell@btinternet.com and i will let you know the agent that made that possible !

Regards

Dave

5. Re: cheap accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:17