We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
8 posts
Save Topic
re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

thinking of doing a tour and sray hol in sri lanka. 4 day mini tour then 10 nts in Browns beach. with mercury....any advice out there?

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Hi there...

Advice???? yep, go for it, you will love it, incidentally a VERY good idea to do a tour before settling down to a beach hotel, good thinking.

Regards

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Hi,

Presumably you've done a little research as to whats available in Sri Lanka.

id' work out some idea of an itinery regarding what you'd like to see and places to visit, then come back on here for an estimate of the time it'd take. Then , once you know that, you can allocate the rest of ther time to the beach.

If you book the hotel time first , you may then realise that , for example, you'd have liked an extra day to see some of the hill country, or something else in the cultural triangle or whatever.

If you work out what you want to see, sort out an itinery, then book the hotel time , you'll know exactly what you're doing. No overlapping of time and no regrets because you missed something out.

Rod.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Hi Rod..

Usually yes i would agree with you, but if the entire holiday is booked with Mercury Direct then it will be a fixed itinerary so less scope for changing things around.

Unlike you and i for example, just take off and do what we want, and more important perhaps when we want.

But for a first timer down to Lanka, then yes it is a good idea to do a tour before settling down to relax on the beach, and of Mercury will offer fab deals for this too.

Regards

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Hi Dave,

Yes I agree with you.

Reading in haste, I didn't take note of the mercury bit tucked away at the bottom of the post.

Must have been something to do with Val phoning me from Cornwall a couple of minutes earlier saying that the car was making horrble noises .

Just settle down and wait for the inevitable bill now.

Rod.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

Hi Rod...

Maybe an imported Tuk Tuk would be best for you and Val ??

Some noise here too, a new addition to the family, and boy her lungs are healthy at least !

Regards

Dave

6. Re: re hols in sri lanka feb 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 06:19