We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

North Carolina
8 posts
1 review
how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

How long does it take? Thank you!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

Distance is a little over 150 km, so expect 4-5 hours by car/van depending on time of day.

Hans

North Carolina
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

I did check reddot and they say 3 hours - are their times not realistic then?

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
3. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

Hi,

I agree with Hans regarding travel time.

It does depend on the trafic and that depends on the time of the trip but I'd estimate 4 1/2 hours.

Rod.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

For Unawatuna Beach Resort reddot website says: "The journey from Colombo's International Airport will take approximately four-and-a-quarter hours."

I usually arrive in Sri Lanka about 8:30am and at that time it takes about 3 hours to go to Bentota. On return the trip takes about 2 hours in late evening.

From Bentota it's still another 60 km to Unawatuna. So in daytime minimum 4½ hours from the airport, maybe 3½ hours nighttime.

Hans

North Carolina
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

Thanks for all the input. We arrive next Sunday 1455.

6. Re: how far is Galle (Unawatuna Beach) from CMB airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 07:18