We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

average prices at paradise road shop?

karachi
7 posts
Save Topic
average prices at paradise road shop?

Hiya everyone!

Im off to Sri Lanka in July and i need to pick up quite a few houseware items for myself and other relatives. ive checked out the paradise road shop on the net at the stuff looks beautiful! Howwever, ive ehard its an expensive shop. Does anyone have an idea of the average cost?

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: average prices at paradise road shop?

By Asian standards Paradise Road is a little expensive but the quality of the merchandise is very good and it is certainly distinctive. Difficult to give information on prices without knowing what exactly you are looking for. Have just drunk my coffee from a large porcelain mug that I bought there in February, which cost around $5 US.

If you are interested in home wares you might also want to visit Barefoot on the Galle Road. It does mainly hand loom stuff - cushion covers, tablecloths and napkins, bed covers, that sort of thing. Again the quality is high and the stuff lasts for years. I still use tablecloths I bought there twenty years ago. Recently prices have gone up, but still inexpensive by European standards for that quality and design.

David.

2. Re: average prices at paradise road shop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 07:17