We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
karachi
4 posts
Save Topic
night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

Dear friends!

I booked a return ticket of Malaysia of srilankan airline through a travel agent for my honeymoon. However on return travel agent booked me flights with 26 hrs transit in between. He said that you will be given free hotel by airline. So i paid him the amount.

Recently i email srilankan airline just to confirm about free hotel and they replied you will NOT be given free hotel as ur transit exceeds 24 hrs..

Please suggest me what should i do now?? i have no interest in taking transit in srilanka but flights are not available.

If there is no workaround & i have to buy a Hotel on my own please suggest some cheap hotels within 100 usd and will i be given VISA on arrival for transit?? what is the visa feees

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,439 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

Hi there,

Stupid miscommunication, blame the agent!

You get a free 30-day visa on arrival being a Pakistani national. Affordable and reasonably reviewed hotels not far from the airport are Ramada airport (free shuttle service), Tamarind Tree and most hotels/guesthouses in Negombo.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

karachi
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

THanks for replying.

is it possible by any means that Airline provide me hotel treating me as the passenger with less than 24 hr transit.. and i can spend rest of the time on airport.. i mean has any one ever managed to do some workarounds??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

Hi Mr Genius

For 26 hours, you could stay at a hotel or guesthouse in Negombo and

have a rest and a look around the place. Negombo has some interesting features and is not a bad place - quite interesting really - and could be a happy end to your honeymoon. Accommodation and food costs are not that bad.

Given that the airline has already stated that they won't give you a hotel your chances of getting one don't look great so why not make the most of an unwanted situation ?

Good luck

Archi

Edited: 20 November 2010, 11:55
USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

You can pay a small amount to Srilankan for a hotel for transit less than 48 hrs. I read an article about this while doing a Google search. The fee starts 10 usd.

5. Re: night stop problem with srilankan airline :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 06:16