We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding accommodations when we land

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Luskville, Quebec...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
finding accommodations when we land

Does anyone know whether it's easy enough to find accommodations relatively close to the Colombo airport? My husband and I will be arriving around 11 pm. I'm wondering if it's better to book in advance or will there be lots of taxi drivers waiting at the airport willing to take us to close, clean, and quiet accommodations. If you think we should book ahead, please post some suggestions. Thanks!

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding accommodations when we land

Hi,

Its advisable for you book in advance after doing some research.

Nishantha

Luskville, Quebec...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finding accommodations when we land

Any suggestions for a clean, quiet, inexpensive place to stay near the airport?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finding accommodations when we land

Negombo (20 mins from airport) is your best choice. Plenty of inexpensive hotels and guesthouses, e.g. Hotel Silver Sands.

http://www.silversands.go2lk.com/

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: finding accommodations when we land

go to TAMERINE TREE.Its the nearest hotel in the air port

Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: finding accommodations when we land

I always use Silver Sands, it is clean, friendly, helpful and a reasonable price. Also a nice restaurant and it is by the beach. They have a 24 hour reception and can collect you from the airport if you wish.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,631 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: finding accommodations when we land

Tamarind Tree has quite mixed reviews and is isolated. Negombo is much better, both for public transport and for finding competitive-priced tours and taxis for the next days.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: finding accommodations when we land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 21:17