We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night in Colombo where to stay ?

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasil
3 posts
Save Topic
one night in Colombo where to stay ?

My family and I(husband and 2 teenager boys,are flying from Maldives tod India Monbai...We decided to stop and saty one day in Colombo!

What hotel do you recomend best? Paradise Road Titange or Cinnamon Grand Colombo?

Tks

Thaissa

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,288 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night in Colombo where to stay ?

Hi there,

Well the reviews favour Tintagel but generally reviews favour boutique places a bit more, IMHO too much. For shopping Cinnamon Grand is a bit more central at least, and it's good 5-star quality.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: one night in Colombo where to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 November 2011, 15:35
Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night in Colombo where to stay ?

Afraid with Cinnamon and Tintagel you are not comparing like with like. I have stayed at both and they are very different. Cinnamon is a large international five star hotel. Of its type it is one of the best in Colombo and it benefits from a large variety of reastaurants and a large swimming pool. Tintagel is as chic as it gets in SL and is the beautifully restored home of one of the great political dynasties in SL. Food is fantastic, rooms very individual but the pool is very small and it is quite an adult place. Teenagers might prefer the Cinnamon but I'd head for Tintagel every time.

David.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night in Colombo where to stay ?

I have to agree with DM51. The two are like chalk and cheese!

Tintagel us a heritage boutique hotel, which was the residence of the Bandaranayake family (the first female prime minster of the world and her daughter want the president of sri lanka, plus her father was prime minster, etc)

Cinnamon Grand is a full blown five star hotel that offers all the luxuries of a big hotel and a shopping complex next to it. I feel the boys may like this better as they might find Tintagel a little claustrophobic!

Cheer

5. Re: one night in Colombo where to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 05:16