We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Resort Advice

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Resort Advice

Hi . I'm coming from the UK next March for the cricket. I have 2 days at the beginning of my holidays free. Can anyone suggest a good beach resort not far from Colombo so that I may enjoy some R&R before the test match.

Thanks in advance

Nevski

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach Resort Advice

Unless you are shopaholic spending a day in Colombo is a waste.

Arriving early in the morning you can easily go to you first destination, e.g. Kandy or Cultural Triangle. If you need to recover after the flight Negombo is a good place to do that, though the beaches are not among the nicest in Sri Lanka.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach Resort Advice

Hi !

Best would be to stay in Negombo, or if you are that early, why not start on the tour straight away ? There is so much to see in Sri Lanka other than the beaches or Colombo.

Charles

Edited: 13 December 2011, 12:15
Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach Resort Advice

I stayed for two weeks in Negombo last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The beach is not nearly as bad as some people suggest and it has some of the best eating places and holiday hotels in Sri Lanka.

14. Re: Beach Resort Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:17