We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Airport to Kandy

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
From Airport to Kandy

Hi all,

I have 9 full days in Sri Lanka and would like to visit the following places: Colombo, Kandy, Gall, and possibly Adam's Peak. I plan to go straight to Kandy from Colombo International Airport upon arrival. I have looked at past post about buses or other forms of transportation to Kandy but did not find any. Does anyone have any info regarding public transport from Colombo International Airport to Kandy?

Alternatively, I can also go straight to Galle from the airport then loop counterclock wise to Colombo.

Many thanks in advance.

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Airport to Kandy

Hi

You can easily get a bus to Colombo. Explore Colombo and overnight at Clombo.Get the train to Kandy at 07:00 or o9:30 am on the ext day (exporail.lk)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Airport to Kandy

From the airport you can take bus 187 (from the road outside the airport gate) to Katunayake Bus Station. It's free.

There are direct buses from Katunayake Bus Station to Kandy.

If you want to go to Gall, bus 187 will take you to Colombo Fort for LKR 100. From Colombo Fort you can get a train to Galle. Or walk approx. 500 to the bus station at Bastian Mawatha and catch a bus to Galle.

Hans

Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: From Airport to Kandy

If you are a solo traveler yes it is worth traveling by bus. but if you are with a family hire a van. We also first decided to go by bus or by train. but now i am happy that we have hired a van. you can rest while you are traveling to Kandy because only you will be traveling. But if you go by public transport you wont. think about it.

4. Re: From Airport to Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:16