We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini van service in srilanka

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mini van service in srilanka

Im planning to book a mini van service for my 6 day tour in Srilanka. I found the service of http://www.donvoyages.com/index.htm reasonable, is it ok, to go with them for the booking?

Also is there any reliable company for van service? We are a group of 10 members and would prefer a service which is all inclusive i.e driver bata,fuel,driver accommodation,his food etc and which costs not more than 61,000 LKR .

And is it safe to make the payment online or better to make the initial payment on arrival ?

Thanks In Advance,

Divya.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Returned from a 3 Nights Trip this Sunday and we were 7 adults and used a Toyota Van it was 7 Seater + 2 Seats in front for the Driver/Assistant. You may contact Mr. Pali at 0094 777-404844. We travelled by the SpiceJet from Hyderabad which goes thru Madurai.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

I also can recommend one agent which you can hire a mini van.

Regards

Shasha

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Thanks for your reply, can you give me an estimate of the cost incurred for the van?

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Sasha - Can you give me the contact details of the driver, including email id. thanks for the reply.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Also can you let me know when it is safe to make a payment to them, as paying them before hand cannot be trusted incase they dont turn up. There was one agent who asked me to transfer $100 right away giving his bank details (for my tour planned in May), it somehow looks fraudulent to me.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,631 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Yes a general problem, but it works the other way also:

"Coming to airport for a tourist which did not make a deposit cannot be trusted incase they dont turn up". Has happened quite regularly, tourists changing their mind and not notifying the driver or even worse tourists trying to blackmail drivers for lower prices at that moment.

For smaller agents there's no easy way out, for the bigger ones you can use creditcard for these deposit and that's safe for both parties.

Tnx anyway,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Erik, any suggestions for this company?

http://www.donvoyages.com/index.htm

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Divya,

I am agree with Erick about the advance payment. normally to ensure the presence of the tourist on the said date it is necessary to charge an advance payment. so no need to worry about it. If they does have a company account just asked about it without transferring it to his personal account.

Shasha

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Thanks all for your replies. What is the genuine cost for a 6 day tour for 10 members, 900km in total ? Is $ 500 a reasonable rate?

Thanks,

Divya.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mini van service in srilanka

Divya,

I think it is expensive..