We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Looking some advice folks, heading to Sri Lanka for a week commencing the 1st June. I would like to check out the south west coast, ive used different maps which give approximate distances and journey times however I just wanted to clarify that if i base myself at Hikkaduwa will i be sufficiently well placed to explore Bentota, Galle and Matara over a two or three day period ? Thanks in advance, Sean.

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Bentota
Bentota
Galle
Galle
1. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 07:35
Auckland Central...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Hi,

Hikkaduwa is the ideal, centraly located place to stay and do day trip s to all other places like bentota (by a car about 45 mints drive- to wards colombo) ,Galle ( about 20 mints drive to south) Matara ( about 45 mints drive to south) in normal trafic conditiones in Colombo- Galle main road(A2) which go along the coast.

If you like to travel by public transport ,bus is the best option. If you have lot of spare time ,train is another option.Rail way stations are about 5 - 10 mints walking distance to towns.The public transport experiance is unique. But it is recomonded to not to carry large baggages.

If you like to experiance the high adrenaline adventure on the road, sit (front seat) next to the driver of the privately own public transport bus.(LOL).

Three wheeler ( TUK TUK) is anothet option.But make sure to discuss the price with the driver ,before the journey starts,

Happy Holiday.

i

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
Galle
Galle
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
colombo
Level Contributor
37 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Yes u r

Have a wonderful trip

4. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 17:35
Matale, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Yes! Hikkaduwa is a good location to stay to explore the south coast

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
Kalutara, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

hi! sea area will be rough but hikkaduwa is the best place to spend your holiday.

and also easy to reach your other places. don't worry about time.

have a fabulous holiday!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

#2 subtle advertising with the screen name?

Hikkaduwa would be fine for your plan although East Coast beaches would be in season.

Archi

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

hikkaduwa is the best as i know with my experience.

enjoy it.

kingsly

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

Thank you for all the advice and friendly input, I have now made my arrangements and will stay in Kandy and then Hikkaduwa. Appreciate the time you all took to comment. Sean

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Kandy District, Sri Lanka
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
10. Re: Sri Lanka 1st June - 7th June

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:18