We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Kandy

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
133 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Kandy

We will be staying a few days at Casa-Heliconia hotel (Inguruhena,Webadamulla,Kaleliya)

and after it going to Kandy.

If I look at google maps I see the train station Keenawala very close by. Does anyone know if the trains to Kandy stopsthere? Tried to look on the web page but did not find any schedules for this station.

Hotel is offering transfer by car for 100 US$, this price seems to me on the higher side or am I wrong?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,533 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Kandy

Hi there,

It's near Nitambuwa, 1/3 between Colombo and Kandy. Fair taxi cost for 80 km would be around Rs 6,000 (USD 50), so the hotel overprices.

Keenawala is a local trains-only station, local commuter trains Colombo-Polgahawela would stop there and at P. need to transfer to a Kandy train; at most times not easy to grab a seat on those trains halfway.

ALl the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
133 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Kandy

Thank you again!

3. Re: Taxi to Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:20