We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

I am looking for economical and safest option to travel from kandy to pinnawala elephant orphanage, shall i prefer going there by cab or bus ?

what time elephant orphanage opens ?

is there any place in orphanage where i can park my luggage 2-3 bags ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

There are no direct buses. You can take a bus to the junction near Kegalle or the train to Rambukkana and take a tuk tuk to the orphanage.

The orphanage opens at 8 an.

Hans

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

If you are looking for the safest option, I would suggest hiring a vehicle with driver from Kandy and doing the trip to the orphanage and back. It is the least hassle and although it wont be as cheap as using public transport of three-wheelers, it will be so much easier and you will arrive calm and collected to enjoy everything that the orphanage has to offer!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Kandy District, Sri Lanka
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

If a car is not an option for then next best option is to get the train I guess.

4. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 22:05
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

As well as being the safest and quickest option a car/van would accommodate your bags during your visit. Otherwise you would need to tow them around with you, I think.

Archi

6. Re: KANDY to 'pinnawala elephant orphanage'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:16