We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Taxi Service for the day in Colombo

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking Taxi Service for the day in Colombo

Greetings! I will be going to Colombo next week. I would be grateful if anyone out there could recommend a good cab service that provides reasonable rates for rental of car with driver for a whole day. Would anybody out there have contact details?

Currently one tour company in Colombo has informed me that their charges are US$55 for a van(for 4 persons) per day for 10 hours or 100 km. Any additional hour is US$4.00 or any additional km is US$0.40 per km.

Is this reasonable?

Thank you for replying.

Andrew

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Taxi Service for the day in Colombo

Yes, that is reasonable.

You could also try Kangaroo Cabs.

Hans

Pune, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Taxi Service for the day in Colombo

I had used Malkeys car rental for 9 days which charged me LKR 5500 per day for 100 km / 8hrs for a Toyota Prius. If you have determined the places you want to visit in Colombo then calling a radio cab for a point to point drop within the city or negotiating with a tuk-tuk would also work.

3. Re: Seeking Taxi Service for the day in Colombo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18