We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

hi,

I just arrived and will be living in Colombo for one+ year(s).

I was browsing through past posts and found one about how they sell fake creams in supermarkets like Foodcity.

1) Where/which pharmacy should I go to, for authentic sunscreen and mosquito repellents?

2) Before coming, I was advised to use a belgian product called 'Mosquito Milk'. Would this be purchasable here? Any recommendations?

3) So the products they sell in supermarkets like Arpico and Keells--Olay cream, Nivea deodorant, etc.--are they legitimate or not? How could we find out?

Thank you all in advance.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I am still struggling to fit in.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

I would not not trust a rumour about fake creams.

Hans

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

hello! Thanks for answering.

Do you use sunscreen and mosquito repellent? Could you recommend some for me?

It feels like batting around bushes going to pharmacy with no idea on what kind of products they have, and what I should be asking after.

Thank you so much. I read other posts and found your replies most helpful.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

Dear Frakfraise,

I whole heartly recommend "mosquito milk", I have used it for years with great results. Also local ODOMOS is very good and cheap.

Ranger Bob

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

Thanks! I would definitely try it today :-)

5. Re: sunscreen and mosquito repellent in Colombo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19