We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Melbourne, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Hi,

I will be arriving at the airport at midnight with 3 very tired little ones next week and I'm hoping to get to our hotel as easily as possible. We are staying in Colombo 06.

Is it easy to find a decent taxi at the airport? I've checked out the www.aiport.lk site and it seems that the price should be around 3000LKR for a taxi with no A/C, but that site seems to date from April 2012.

Is that price reasonable? Travelling by myself with children I just want to pay a reasonable price and get to bed!

(Oh, and how long should that drive take? We're staying on Galle Road.)

Thanks for any help.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

I checked it up. It's a new deal they have due a new fleet they opened up at BIA

Flat rate of Rs.1750 for anyone, all the way up to Wellawatte. No need to pre book online either.

Time for Erik to change the top questions!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,686 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Yes except for the fact that there is not really a top question for arriving/departing from Colombo nor for airport cabs or even in general private transport prices. Can't find an easy structure either, so for now this is THE thing to advise tourists. I'd still say prebooking online is better because, as they don't have a desk at airport, the only other way of contacting is a phonecall upon arrival and not every tourist will have a local SIM up and running immediately...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Alrighty then. I was told they will have a counter in there next month, but these things might never materialise.

Sticky topics might be easier to edit and have better visibility than "Top Questions", but I guess that's something up to the TA staff.

Anyway, as additional information, the mentioned rate is for AC sedans and don't have to be shared etc

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Only TA staff can create an edit 'stickies'.

Hans

Melbourne, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Thanks very much everyone, I'll pre-book online and hopefully have a taxi waiting for me when I land!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

So how did it go? Was the taxi there waiting? Im planning my trip soon and this looks like a nice option for me too :)

Melbourne, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

Hi Autechre,

It's probably way too late to reply, haven't been near TA for a while..the taxi service was great. The online service was easy to use, they were good with communication when I needed to clarify anything. There was a driver waiting for me with my name on a card as we came out of arrivals, he went and got the car, loaded my bags in and we were off. It was easy and cheap and nice that there was a friendly face after a long flight!

18. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:05
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

why not call Budget Taxi or Kangaroo beforehand? I always call these companies beforehand. Budget nano taxi for myself, Kangaroo cars are bigger I think.

Kangaroo's website says its 1750Rs from Bandaranaike Airport to Colombo 1-5. But you'll have to come out of the airport as if the price would be higher if the driver is waiting for you at the exit gate.

20. Re: Taxi from airport to Colombo 06

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2016, 05:17