We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costs of transport in Tajikistan

Amsterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Topic
costs of transport in Tajikistan

Hi,

This summer I would like to do some trekking in Tajikistan. I wonder if someone has information about the costs of going to the pamirs or other places like istaravshan or Khujand. As there is not much public transport , what should I expect to pay for a car and driver to any of these destinations?

thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

If you want to fly from Dushanbe to Kujhand it's about 55 euro one way - flights heavily booked in advance as the only other option is a 6 hour drive. Soman Air is the carrier. You can book online. Once you go outside Kujand you will find very few people who speak English - so I assume u speak one of the local languages (Uzbek or Tajik) or Russian? Longer trips by shared taxi are common but you need to haggle - again difficult if u don't speak the lingo.

Mentioned in this post
Dushanbe
Dushanbe
Tajikistan
Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

Hi, I am not so sure about the cost, but I can give you the contacts of the local, that I used his services when I was there last summer. He is very reliable and reasonable and his son speaks English so language won't be an issue. He can provide with the transportation and accommodation and all the necessary assistance. His name is Sherzod and his cell is. +011 992 93 505 3773. Good luck, hope he can help you and I am sure you will enjoy the country.

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

HI,

Can this fellow do trips all over the country? 3 or 4 of us are interested in a trip in the summerof 2015.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

Hi,

he most probably can do that too. Here is his email I found, you can contact him directly.

prado2021@gmail.com.

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

Thank you! Can you recommend any 'don't miss' places/events/activities in Tajikstan or anywhere else in the Stans?

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
25 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

Check out these websites to learn more about what awesome treasures there are in Tajikistan:

www.pamirs.org

www.meta.tj

7. Re: costs of transport in Tajikistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:16