We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Winter visit

ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
A Winter visit

Is winter in Uzbekistan (Nov-jan) very cold therefore a bad time to visit and see and tour the country?

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Winter visit

It's not the best time to visit. Winters here vary. The once just past was quite mild. The winter before was brutally cold. December through February is the worst time to visit and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Winter visit

thank you. was going to start my years travel in middle east-asia in oct but now thinking of asia-middle east

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Winter visit

winter in UZbekistan is cold but also bear in mind that most hotels will close so you wont have so much choice of where to stay. Temperatures go down to about minus 10 C which is pretty cold to be trudging around outside, but quite exciting if you are indoors quite a bit

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Winter visit

Actually, most hotels do remain open in the winter. They just don't have many guests (except for the biggest ones in Tashkent). For instance, there is a small, quite nice, hotel very near my house in Tashkent. For much of the winter they had only two or three guests and on many days, none at all.

I still don't recommend a winter visit, however, and it sounds like you've already decided against it.

5. Re: A Winter visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 06:31