We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

Milan
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

Hi all,

I am planning 2 weeks in Uzbekistan and maybe some days (if possible to Kyrgyz), which is a good itinerary?can travel by train?is there good local agency/guide cheap to visti Kyrgyz?Any suugestion for cheap guesthouse, is it safe?Thanks!vanef

Registan
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Shah-i-Zinda
Monuments & Statues, Historic Sites
Gur Emir Mausoleum
Cemeteries, Architectural Buildings
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

We used Avantour for our recent Uzbekistan trip and they were great! Sevara was our primary contact on all the arrangements. You can search their web site for contact details. We did trains to/ from tashkent, bukhara, samakand and khiva. Have fun!

Edited: 03 June 2012, 14:03
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

I would suggest you do some research - Google, Bing, or whatever, and then email two or three of the travel services, telling them what you want and asking for their suggestions. Then go from there. Some of the people who post here legitimately have had good experiences, some of them actually front for some of the services. Do some research, it's not difficult, and then choose from what you get back from them.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

The good news for my post is it comes from a well traveled, legit poster who was referred to Avantour by other friends who traveled there last year. :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

We just got back from a trip to Central Asia. Train is possible in Uzbekistan, they run from Khiva to Samarkand/Tashkent and Bukhara to Samarkand/Tashkent.

We stayed at Lyabi House hotel in Bukhara, Caravan Serail in Samarkand, Radison Guesthouse in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and a CBT guesthouse in Osh. All were $50-$60/night for a double room. We booked Lyabi House through Advantour but the others we arranged via email directly to the hotel.

5. Re: 14 days Usbekistan + Kyrgyz a good itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:40
Get answers to your questions about Uzbekistan
Recent Conversations