We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Travel Agent

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable Travel Agent

Has anybody deal with Tour Continent Travel Agency before? How about Miramax Travel Management? Which one is more reliable?

Edited: 17 July 2013, 03:55
1. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 03:35
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

We just came back from a 14-days trip to Uzbekistan, organized through Advantour

www.advantour.com

They did it perfectly, with clear communication in advance, good and flexible proposals and at 100% reliable organisation of drivers, local guides, hotels, train and flight tickets.

I would therefore strongly recommend Advantour. We also heard good things from other travellers.

If you are travelling some days with only driver and no guide, you might ask for one of the drivers speaking English really well.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
7 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

Like Felix said above, my friend and I also have had a good experience using Advantour for a short trip to Uzbekistan. They are simply fantastic in terms of logistics and assistance with visas. You can go along with most of their recommendations as they know their stuff well. If you want peace of mind when traveling to Uzbekistan then just book through Advantour.. no second thoughts!

The only thing to keep in mind is lack of proper food. Uzbek cuisine is supposed to be popular but one of us is vegetarian and struggled most of the days without a proper meal. While Advantour did recommend restaurants, in smaller towns like Nukus and Shakrisabz highway the food was too basic to term as edible. In places like Bukhara and Samarkand we went to restaurants that were great but not on Advantour's list of recommendations.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

Last year, British friends asked to recommend reliable travel agents in Uzbekistan and, after some enquirers with local contacts, I advised them to check Dolores Tours in Tashkent and Veres Vert Ltd in Samarkand. They used Veres Vert, which is a mid-size agency specializing in tailor-made tours and headed by experienced guy called Leonid. Feedback was positive, so some other friends (now from the UK and Belgium) also booked with this agency one-week Uzbekistan tour in September. Interestingly, Veres Vert offered them to chose among their European partner-agencies, if clients wish make bookings with more assurances etc. Write on their feedback in September.

I understand, prices offered by local agencies are more or less the same, so mane factors are experience, specialization and personal contacts. There are big companies like Orient Voyage or Sogda Tours, which do both group and individual tours. But if you want more personal touch and step-by-step advise, mid-size agencies are better choice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

Hi - I agree with the write about opting for a smaller agency to ensure a personal touch. I've always used Odil Akhmedov of Steppe Journeys www.steppejourneys.com and have been very happy with this service and eye for details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

I promised (see my previous message here) to write feedback from British and Belgian friends, who recently traveled to Uzbekistan. They used Samarkand-based agency Veres Vert Ltd. and are very satisfied with their services. One important feature - they managed to arrange visa and make additional reservations after another couple decided to join them few days before departure, and it was during Independence Day holidays period in Uzbekistan (means good experience and contacts).

7. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 21:35
8. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 05:35
Rotterdam, The...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

Hey, additionallly to the suggestions above I can recommend www.stanexperience.com, as they have local tour agents in each country, but offer connected tours through Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan). Their operator in Kazakhstan is also recommended personally in the Lonely Planet.

They have a very diverse program, reaching from yurt camp stays to glacier hikes or river rafting, and are always very close with the locals and their lifestyle. If you're a backpacker looking for some fun people to share your Central Asian experience with, this could definitely appeal to you.

10. Re: Reliable Travel Agent

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:15