We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

registration

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
registration

hi

can someone that has been to Uzbekistan can tell me what's the rule with registration?

do i have to sleep in a place that can register me every night?

does someone really check it while leaving by air? while leaving by land?

thank's

Ori

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: registration

leaving by land to tajikistan they didn't check our registration, leaving by air from tashkent they did check. you never know... better you have all your registrations...

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: registration

hi,

thank's for your answer.

how did you leave by land for Tajikistan? what's the best way, are there long quenes in the land boarder crossing?

thank's

Ori

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: registration

We stayed in hotels and they posted little stickers inside our passports. When we crossed land borders I am not sure they took notice of these stickers. We took the stickers and put them away before flying out of Uzb and nobody asked for them. However, they are very strict on the customs form - you mus absolutely keep the copy and you WILL have to show it at every border crossing when leaving. When you finally leave Uzb, you will definitely have to show the original customs form that you filled in when you first arrived.

Whenever you are leaving Uzb, you have to fill in a new customs form and have the old one handy. At Tashkent airport they do not tell you this and you can queue up for ages and they be told to go back and fill in a new form. So make sure you have the old form and a new form filled in ready whenever you leave Uzb.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: registration

Hi,

thank's for your answer.

did you enter or leave Uzbekistan by land? if so, did you do it by train or bus?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: registration

We flew into Tashkent. Then we crossed into Turkmenistan at land-border and then back. Later we crossed into Tajikistan over land-border and back.

On all our crossings we transported to the border by our travel company in a PSV (people carrier vehicle) and had another travel company waiting for us at the other end.

Land border crossings are not easy (read my other post about border crossings).

Zürich, Zurich...
Level Contributor
19 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: registration

I would really recommend making a proper registration. By not doing that you will break the law. And that is really not fun.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: registration

I believe you do not have to make a registration if you stay in a proper hotel; they do everything for you and issue you a registration slip. Thats all you need.

Zürich, Zurich...
Level Contributor
19 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: registration

yes, this is what I meant.

9. Re: registration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 04:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: registration

A question about OVIR registration, if you are in a group does the group leader collect everyone's passport and retrieve them from reception?

I know it's a strange question but I had a horrible experience once where everyone's passport and ticket were collected by a travel agent and handed to the group leader who demanded our tips to the group gratuity fund of £35 each.

I have no problem with obeying laws like police registration but it is totally wrong when I found that a few days later when I handed my passport into the hotel to mind it had walked to the group leader somehow. He had retrieved it. I don't think anyone should be going and retrieving someone else's passport if they have handed it in themselves alone.

And even with a guide collecting everyone's passport , there is a chance one could go missing and someone else posted their experiences regarding this in Halong on the Vietnam tripadvisor.