We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOI doesn't list all places I want

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
LOI doesn't list all places I want

I have obtained a Letter of Invitation, but the agency who provided it listed only some of the places I want to visit (e.g., Samarkand, Bukhara) and I want all of them listed on the LOI because I want all of them listed on my visa. I have heard that if I am in a place which is not listed, I could get into trouble with the militsia. But I just have enough time to submit the visa application and LOI to the Uzbek Embassy -- I don't have time to get another LOI. Is it true that I will get into trouble if I am in a place not listed on my tourist visa?

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOI doesn't list all places I want

hi in general its OK because actually once you have your passport stamp it doesnt actually say which cities you applied for on your visa application.

there are a few road blocks (GAI) on the main roads between cities but if you are in a private car or taxi then the driver will sort that out. If you are on a bus you may have to register at the GAI points. If they ask for money or anything just pretend not to speak English/Russian/Uzbek and smile nicely

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LOI doesn't list all places I want

You shouldn't have any problems. As noted, your visa will not list the places you want to visit. The "roadblocks" are actually checkpoints and normally you will not be asked to register or even show any documents. The occasional exceptions are sometimes if you are near the borders with other countries, especially Tajikistan. It's very unusual for militsiya to try and shake down foreigners. They normally reserve that for locals.

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LOI doesn't list all places I want

I picked up my visa in the airport only whith my nvatation from some travelagent. They ever asked me where to stay or where to go. Guestshouse and hotels will do the registration for you - keep them.

4. Re: LOI doesn't list all places I want

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about Tashkent
Recent Conversations