We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzbekistan

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Uzbekistan

Hi, We are going in 2012. What is a travel agency that anyone would recommend--either US or otherwise? Thanks. Shirley

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uzbekistan

HI

It depends of what do you want from your trip, most of travel agency offering tours with the cheap price with the tight schedule , what does not make you enjoy your trip and no relax all day you are in hurry. You can check with www.komiltravel.com and www.minzifa.com . they both have good hotels and travel service. , I refer to them and all my friends loved it.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uzbekistan

Hi smm..,

I have no affiliation with this company I recommend highly.

A friend and I used Advantour last year on a customised 12 day tour of Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand and Tashkent. Check them out at www.advantour.com. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

They were outstanding in every regard, flexible and very reasonably priced. We had our own driver from the entire trip but used great local guides in each location. Excellent service and used a variety of hotel styles which was very nice.

They also organised the "letter of introduction" for the visa so we could purchase them upon arrival. This saved us sending our passports from Australia to London for a visa. This alone saved us close to $500 each.

Our plane was 24hrs late into Tashkent due to technical problems in Bangkok. Advantour adjusted the itinerary so we did not miss out on anything.

We did not even have to pay a deposit, we just paid in full upon arrival and then they took us to a local breakfast place as a welcome meal!

Enjoy your travels, Uzbekistan is well worth the effort.

3. Re: Uzbekistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2011, 08:36
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uzbekistan

Dear Shirley,

Try www.OrexCA.com. They are based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. They are very professional & organized & they even have an UK London office. They specialize in travel in whole of Central Asia. I have visited Uzbekistan 11 times since 2007. Till date I have done all my Visa & Hotel bookings through them. However I have never booked any package tours with them.

5. Re: Uzbekistan

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2011, 11:05
6. Re: Uzbekistan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2011, 13:32
Westminster...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uzbekistan

I have visited this http://www.people-travelz.com, there is no prices....

8. Re: Uzbekistan

Tashkent
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Uzbekistan

As I've written before, my parents visited me and my family in March. I'm Dutch, my wife is Uzbek. The invitations were done by GTS travel, the name of the contact person is Zafar. My parents wanted to visit Samarkand, Buchara and Kiva. When they arrived, he came to the hotel and asked what they excactly wanted. He gave some advice on the things that he would do different and he arranged everything. Hotels, tickets and on my request a guide for Kiva , where they went first. He told them to take the guide for half a day, so they could have a first impression of the place and after they could make their own plans.My parents later requested a guide for both the other cities, because of the perfect experience. They had a tour of a lifetime and for a more than reasonable price. All the service as you require and not pushing to get you to buy more. My parents were extremely happy and I must say that they are very experienced travellers. The number of Zafar is +998931807999. And no, I don't have any business relationship with this company. I'm not advertising in my own interest, just trying to give good advice

10. Re: Uzbekistan

Get answers to your questions about Tashkent
Recent Conversations