We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing to Tashkent

Which Tashkent hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing to Tashkent

hi all,

just wondering if anyone can suggest a cost effective way of getting from Beijing or Xi'an in China (or from Singapore) to Tashkent? I have 17 days and would like to see Beijing, Xi'an and spend roughly a week in Uzbekistan, however I can't seem to find any cheapish flights and don't really have time to travel overland.

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing to Tashkent

Hello Kat

I'm afraid you've picked the cheapest route already - flying will be cheaper than backpacking that route overland, by far. So even at £500 or whatever it costs these days, you wil definitely spend more trying to travel overland to Tashkent. Non-competitive international routes are always like that.

One possibility might be to fly from Xian to Urumqi and then fly from Urumqi instead - that flight may be cheaper, but I still think yo're not saving much.

All the best

Huw

Beijing
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing to Tashkent

Try booking uz airways in beijing at +86-10-65006442. I am heading there 1st October via UZ airways which is the only Beijing Tashkent direct flight that I know of. All other flights (aka china southern airline) goes via Urumuqi. My tickets were however bought by an agency in Tashkent.

Best .. Yangae

Tashkent
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing to Tashkent

There is a Uzairways direct flight Beijing-Tashkent on tuesday and thursday, and tashkent-beijing on tuesday and wedesnday. the chippest price is around 660 euros.

Tashkent, Toshkent...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing to Tashkent

Dont take the route Urumqi - Tashkent, it will cost two times more, rather than taking Uzairways or China southern Airlines (csair.com) from beijing. The flights are on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. I advice to you to take Csair, the service is better than UZair.

If you will choose to take route to Tashkent from Singapore, then there is only way is via Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Tashkent.

5. Re: Beijing to Tashkent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tashkent