We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Vejle, Denmark
8 posts
Save Topic
Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Have any Americans been able to travel into turkey with an existing E-Visa since yesterday (October 8th)?

I'm supposed to travel to Alanya with my Family in 3 days and Turkey has just suspended visa services for American tourists. My wife and 3 kids hold Danish passports, but I'm an American. I already applied for and received my E-Visa and have also filled out the contact form on the E-Visa site to ask whether it is still valid, but I'm concerned they may not respond in time....

Mentioned in this post
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
212 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,643 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

travisrcampbell, The new situation does not apply to you because you already have a valid evis. Have a look at my post No. 10 at the following thread: "https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29397…".

good luck,

enigma...

Vejle, Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Thanks - though it would sure set my mind at ease to hear if any Americans have managed to travel into Turkey with an existing E-Visa.

Thanks again,

Travis

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

I would love to hear from if this actually works as I am going there next week and I have an existing e-visa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Travis, just enter with your Danish passport, you will be fine. You don't need to declare you are American.

Edited: 09 October 2017, 09:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Sorry, I misread your email, you don't have Danish pass. You already have the visa as American, so you are good to go. It is not a ban on Americans, it is a halt on visa services.

Vejle, Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Thanks for your response Ozgur - my concern is whether getting through boarder control with my E-Visa is considered "Visa Services" I'd hate to travel there with my whole family and get blocked at the border... Can you back this up with anything official in writing?

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

I have the same problem although I was to obtain a visa in the airport. I am supposed to travel on thursday with my family who are danish citizens. I am the only one holding an American passport. What to do? Is there no way for me to get into turkey if I have not already obtained an e-visa?

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Hey Travis--could you let me know how it goes for you? I have a Turkish residence permit, so I think I should be fine, but my parents have e-visas and we're supposed to meet in Antalya next week.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Miami, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

Hi all I am in Istanbul now and traveling back to Us tomorrow on American passport . I just booked a vacation package for my parents with American passports from Miami to Istanbul on 23th of this month. I saw online E-visa site is not issuing visa for us passport holders. WHat to do ? Should I call Expedia to cancel the package or just wait if this ban might be very tenperory and might be lifted in next couple days? Any advice would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa

I spoke to a friend (traveling on an American passport) who arrived in Istanbul this morning (Oct 9) and he was able to obtain the visa at the airport and was allowed in. I'm anxious as well as I'm set to return there next week.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Turkey's American visa ban - Can I travel with an E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted