We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T-mobile network in turkey?

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
T-mobile network in turkey?

We are traveling to Turkey for a week in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Feteyia and Pamakkule.. Will will get network at all places?

5 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,617 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: T-mobile network in turkey?

MalikaGupta86, There is excellent network all over Turkey, 99% of areas. However if you use your own T-mobile operator, you will be paying hefty charges because signal will first be routed through US. I suggest you buy a Turkish sim card at the Istanbul airport from one of the following mobile operators and get a package. Turkcell, Vodafone or Turk Telekom.

good luck,

enigma...

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: T-mobile network in turkey?

Thank you

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: T-mobile network in turkey?

Thank you enigma2007.. Could you please let us know the likely pricing?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: T-mobile network in turkey?

I realize this is an old post, but for anyone stumbling across in the future...

Reply #1 is incorrect.

There would be no extra charge for text/data with T-Mobile in Turkey, if you have a post-paid plan (the normal plans many have like T-Mobile One or Simple). T-Mobile has for years, included free international text/data for the vast majority of international locations (140 countries). Voice is $0.20/minute.

I have used T-Mobile in many countries and it is generally quite serviceable; you aren't going to get the speed you are used to at home, but works fine for e-mail, light surfing, navigation, etc. Texting works very well, whether to someone else local or back to U.S.

Countries covered for free:

https://www.t-mobile.com/landing/simple-choi…

K C
Garnet valley
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: T-mobile network in turkey?

Thank you, this was very helped! I'm traveling to Antalya Turkey in October, and I plan on switching to T-Mobile.

Edited: 16 September 2018, 19:21
Reply to: T-mobile network in turkey?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted