We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Visit Ephesus

Level Contributor
144 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
To Visit Ephesus

Can anyone advise the resorts that have the best public transport links to enable a visit to Ephesus, or that location wise are well suited. Is Altinkum too far away?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Visit Ephesus

A day trip to Ephesus from Altınkum is perfectly possible.İt is approx 1 hour on the bus into Kusadasi(maybe a tad more)and then from there it's only 25 minutes on the bus to Ephesus.Set off bright and early and that way you'll have time to look around Selcuk whilst you're there too.

Read up well about Ephesus beforehand and take a guide book with you or even better if there are 3 or 4 of you hire a guide to take you around.You will find government registered guides offering their services at the gates.Split the cost between a small group of you and it will be money very well spent as these people will give you so much info,they will really bring it to life for you.İ went the first time alone and the second with a private guide and it felt like İ'd not been before!Despite reading up on the place there was still so much İ'd overlooked or not fully understood.

Booking a day trip with a tour shop will be a bit cheaper maybe but you do tend to get 'herded around'.Jump on the bus set your own timetable and it still won't cost you a fortune.Enjoy!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Visit Ephesus

Ephesus is just outside of Selcuk. When I visited, I stay in Selcuk but met people who stayed in Kusadasi which has many resorts. I liked the small town atmostphere of Selcuk myself. Ephesus is fantastic!

3. Re: To Visit Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 22:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question