We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with all nationalities

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with all nationalities

Hi,

I have been reading some reviews and had feedback from friends, about this subject.

One friend booked for the Dephin Palace hotel, Lara Beach. She said that the food was definitely geared towards Russian and Eastern European guests, as was the entertainment. She said it was one of the most stunning hotels, she had been to.

But her enjoyment was somewhat spoiled by the fact that there were hardly any British at all there. I really don't mind a decent mix of all nationalities, but would not want to stay in a hotel, where Brits were VERY much in the minority.

Any tips on avoiding booking a hotel, where this might be the case.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with all nationalities

Sorry might get slated for this but alot of the Eastern European guests do prefer the big AI hotels.If you go for much smaller B&B/HB options in any area of Turkey you will get much more enjoyable mix.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with all nationalities

Yes it's true most of them do tend to stay in the larger A.İ.complexes.No xenophobia here just a simple fact.

As I aren't a fan of the A.İ. system I have to agree that smaller hotels would always be my choice.However everyone has their own opinions and reasons for choosing A.İ. therefore I recommend you have a look through the hotel review section for Antalya,Belek and maybe Kemer here on TA.Read what others have to say about the hotels and see if there are many comments about the mix of guests and/or any problems encountered because of that mix.After that you can take a more informed and balanced decision on where to stay.

At one time some hotels dealt exclusively with tour operators from only one country but those days have gone and most hotels now take contracts from a few countries in any one season.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,272 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with all nationalities

Hi Ippwirth,

last year I have been the only German among Brits and Australian tourist in a hotel.

And I didn´t feel lost or uncomfortable at all:-).

I think it just depends on the persons, not on the nationality.

But of course I know that sometimes there is some trouble with some foreign people, lol.

Tschüss

Patara01

4. Re: Hotels with all nationalities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 16:23