We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

People from Amman who write lying reviews

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
People from Amman who write lying reviews

I am at the moment very upset by a family who booked a room in advance to our pension. The came to our place, saw and they decided they did not want to stay. So we tried to help them with advice where the parents with 3 children wanted perhaps wanted to stay.

Here is the review:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

They wanted one room, they knew they were going to get one room, I explained it has a double bed, one single bed and a couch that opens as a small double bed and sleeps s small children.

They knew also we are a pension, then you cannot rate a place as a 3 - 4 or even 5 star hotel. Rate us as a pension. Yes our rooms are simple, we do not claim to be starre hotel, nowhere! Also our picture are not photoshopped! I wonder about which pictures is spoken here??? I do upload photos on Flickr, but none of them are from the rooms.

Next I like to say, the pension is built as a pension, but 20 years ago the restrictions were very different then those of today in Kayaköy, with that little knowledge his words are just insulting!

Then the barking dog; for your information both our dogs were poisened 2 weeks before they arrived. We just got ourselves a new dog that is 7 months old and needed some training.

At last I like to say he is a liar, I happen to know the owners of his next destination. He cancelled there because he said they were all in, at the same time his wife praises the Green Forest food in her review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g609055-i10906-k21…

I am happy they like green Forest, go and praise that hotel, but why show an evil face and try to harm our business! I estimated you a more clever man.

Sorry I am very very upset!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

Roll with it and then ignore it.The guy has obviously had too much sun!After countless highly complimentary reviews-some from the same time as these people called-how can a place change so rapidly?Impossible.

You advertise as a family pansiyon and that is half the charm of your accomodation-that people feel like family guests not just people passing through and then forgotton.

As for your new puppy woofing-well maybe it understood something about these people that you didn't until later :)Dogs are very clever that way.

I can understand you being upset and hurt but when you counter one review from one rude person against all the glowing reviews it puts things into perspective and I am certain it won't harm your future business.Now forget him and go and look after your more appreciative and discerning guests.XXXX

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

Thanks a lot for that Sarikanarya! I know you are right but it brings our rating down and I am not happy with that. The fact that they did not stay here at all, I think that TA is making a major mistake there, those people should not be able to write about a hotel, only unless you were a guest.

I can drive past a hotel, not like the looks and my review would be printed, that sounds and IS simply very unfair!

And then I did not even mention the mess they made of the room, in just 2 minutes! The sheets were dirty and needed to be washed again.

Where is the website for rude guests, people to avoid? I keep thinking of starting a site like that, but then 99,9 of our guests are considerate and many became even our own friends through the years!!!

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

Hi villarhapsody, do not worry , many people are like them.I just sent a message to the people from Amman(soory) .A i know you speak french , join the topic I just opened on TA.FR

tripadvisor.fr/ShowTopic-g1-i12490-k2977442-…

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

That is really very funny Emma!

Another thing I figured out, the person who wrote the review either quit a previous and started under a new identity or is using 2 identities.

The previous identity is this one:

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/momplaygroup

And I am 100% sure because I answered their question on TA how to get to us from Izmir.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

Dear VR,

I can understand perfectly just how upset you must be by this review. Whilst I have never actually stayed the night at your pension, I have visited several times over the years and from what I have seen of the public areas, I have never found anything I would wish to complain about. It obviously is purpose built (and I know for a fact that it was actually built as a pension by Atilla your husband). The garden is an absolute delight and the pool is a fair size and just beautiful. I also know that you are an excellent cook and great hosts! The location is rural - surrounded by farmland, so of course you will get the noise from animals in the neighbourhood.

I agree it neither seems right nor fair for people to write a review about a place they have never stayed in. So if anybody is thinking of booking - please don't be put off by this mischief making and just read the countless excellent reviews of Villa Rhapsody and think of all the people who are happy to return to you, year after year. Also there are 2 reviews posted from longterm TA Destination Experts - Patara01 last September and Osumom earlier this year - have a look at their photos - they speak for themselves!

Lastly if the sort of place you want is a family room with two (2) flat screen televisions - then VR is not the place for you!! (and I am so glad I was not staying in the adjoining bedroom at Green Forest!)

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

I just read your link, you're right villarhapsody.LOL

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

Oh, it's her, is it? The person who had planned the most ludicrous itinerary ever against everyone's advice.

Her avatar is so what the Spanish would call 'cutre' that I would never take any notice of what she said anyway!

Like Attagul, I have never stayed at Villa Rhapsody because I live a relatively short drive away, but I too have seen the facilities and talked to guests who told me they went there every year.

I would certainly never hesitate to recommend it either to my friends or to people on TA - just don't take any notice of stressed-out people who don't listen to anything you tell them is my advice.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

I spent a lovely evening earlier this year at VR.

Yes the rooms are simple, but if you are visiting an area you only need a room to sleep in.

The food was wonderful and the atmosphere in the gardens is extremely relaxing.

Jeanne and Atilla are excellent hosts.

I certainly intend to stay there again and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

9. Re: People from Amman who write lying reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:18