We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

is it cheap to eat out in turkey im going with my 15yr old daughter and am unsure weather to go in all inclusive or self catering

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,708 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

Eating out really can be as cheap or expensive as you want. Where in Turkey are you staying? A problem with the all inclusive is that it tends to get repetitive and boring. I suppose it depends on how much the difference is between the AI and SC costs - some people go AI and still eat out as they reckon they will still save on the drinks, etc.

If it was me (and it doesn't apply to me any more as we have our own house in Gumbet) I would always go self catering 'cos I think you miss too much by not trying the Turkish cuisine. Hotels tend to cater for the masses and the food can be a little bland.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

We have just returned from Turunc, near Marmaris and yes, we considered it very good value eating out. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers and a typical evening meal for the 4 of us cost between 60 - 66 Turkish Lira (main course and drinks).

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

Never done AI but on occasions have gone HB to other countries and whilst food quality has gone from abysmal on 1 visit to not at all bad on others I most missed long leisurely dinners and this is something I do not really feel you will get with AI unless you go upmarket with consequent up market prices. Had your daughter been much younger I suppose this would not matter but 15 year olds these days seem ever more sophisticated and she may much prefer a restaurant lifestyle.

What resorts like Gumbet and Icmeler have going for them is that they have plenty of great value and good quality hotels and apartments, allied with cheap eating, so you do not need to lose out in the overall price stakes. Much is made about cost savings on drinks on AI but beer is not expensive although wine can be but remember that competition between restaurants is fierce so with a bit of haggling you can get a drink thrown in with a meal, even wine.

4. Re: is it cheap to eat out in turkey???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 07:15