We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Turkey to choose?????

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Which part of Turkey to choose?????

having never been to Turkey, we have no idea which part would suit us best.

We like a nice clean hotel with pool and sea access, preferably with snorkling.

not to many steps as i have a little difficulty walking, hence require lifts if hotel as lots of floors.

we enjoy good food and drink dont mind AI, not too isolated, but not smack in the centre of things. No nightlife no problem.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Also anyone know the flight time fromManchester UK and a good travel company to use.

A

A

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of Turkey to choose?????

Çeşme in western Turkey, is a rather laid-back resort (far away from the 18-30's crowd but with plenty of shops and a excellent choice of hotels (from Pansiyons to All Inclusive) and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets. Being at the tip of a peninsula, there is a huge selection of superb beaches, all with European Blue Flag status.

The town has managed to preserve very much of a Turkish atmosphere, and the area around the Genoese castle has remained largely unchanged for decades.

The town square by the harbour is a wonderful place to sip a cool drink and watch the world go by - or join one of the daily boat trips to nearby bays and islands. They all offer excellent value for a full day cruise with lunch included and visit places such as Donkey Island, Blue Lagoon, Aquarium Bay, etc.

And with hot springs, mud baths and historical sites not far away, it would be a great destination for you, I have to admit to some considerable bias! We have lived in a lovely fishing village just three miles from Çeşme for over 12 years now - so please ask if you need any more detailed information or advice. And I'm a former Mancunian!

Our nearest airport, İzmir (Adnan Menderes) is approximately one hour's drive away mainly along one of the quietest six-lane motorways you are ever likely to encounter! Flight time from Manchester is just under four hours. For flights I suggest you look at www.flythomascook.com who operate twice a week from Manchester to Izmir. It may well be worth comparing their prices on www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Hope this helps for starters and that you enjoy a great holiday wherever you decide to stay. Do let me know if you require any more detailed information about our lovely town.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of Turkey to choose?????

Hi and welcome to the forums..are you looking for a package trip that includes flights and hotels ?? also another question to ask you is...do you want 5 star all inclusive ? self catering, bed and breakfast or half board ??

as you have asked for a quietish place, with a beach ..then here are my ideas for you..

..if you are flying into the Dalaman airport..then Dalyan would be a great choice ...If flying into the airport at Antalya it sounds like Cirali would be the perfect place for you to relax and inwind... Cirali is a small village located about 1 hours drive southwest from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. ..

also you can look at my photos for ideas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

however if you are looking for last minute deals on line or in travel brochures..you wont find Cirali in any of those travel brochures...there are no holiday companies or package tours to Cirali or at least I have not heard of any. The reason why is that Cirali is a small village and does not have the bed capacity of the larger resort towns like Kemer, Antalya, Side, Marmaris etc etc. But that's what makes Cirali so special !!! It is protected by the WWF and limits the amount development in the area.

It is not over crowded with 5 star hotels or loud bars etc. Just a nice place to have a quiet holiday. Most if not all travellers to Cirali book their own flights and acommdations directly with Cirali hotels or pansiyons.

I think it is best described in an article from the travel.timesonline.co.uk from last year..

4 CIRALI, TURKEY

Far from the package-holiday hordes, Turkey has dozens of pristine beaches, among the finest of which is Cirali, a long stretch of fine white sand at the mouth of a towering canyon. The beach, an easy walk from the ruined city of Olympos, is a protected nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. After dark, lights on the shore are extinguished so as not to confuse the hatching babies. On a moonless night, the view of the Milky Way is phenomenal.

You’ll find no banana boats or disco bars at Cirali, just a perfect two-mile beach lapped by clear blue water, and walking trails that will take you into the drama of the surrounding coastal mountains.

also cirali was once again mentioned in the Guardian Travel section..just the other day

guardian.co.uk/travel/…turkey-top-10-beaches

Cirali has managed to avoid the same level of development. The 3km sweep of beach is a protected area, thanks to the loggerhead turtles who clamber out of the sea to nest on the sand. Flanked by two huge mountains, the whole area around Cirali is dramatically beautiful, while the village behind offers simple restaurants and pensions,

I am sure that other members can also offer up some useful advise :=) as everyone will have their own special places in the sun.

Plenty of flights from the UK to Antalya airport.

cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Antalya/London/

for example every some as cheap as here;

London (STN) to Antalya (AYT) £81 RT

Number of nights: 7

Depart 13 Jul 10

Return 20 Jul 10

Last updated: 4 hours ago

Fares include taxes. Subject to availability

or from Manchester to Antalya airport

cheapflights.co.uk/flights/…

Manchester (MAN) to Antalya (AYT) £94 RT

7 Nights duration

Number of nights: 7

Depart 13 Jul 10

Return 20 Jul 10

Last updated: 3 hours ago

Fares include taxes. Subject to availability

where ever you go enjoy and have a wonderful holiday in Turkey

3. Re: Which part of Turkey to choose?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 07:33