We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking in-country airlines

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Booking in-country airlines

Well, I'm certainly getting my money's worth (LOL) out of this forum with planning our Turkey trip. Today's question - I cannot book in-country flight (Pegasus, SunExpress) on their websites. Can fill out all the info, even pay with credit card, but nothing goes through. Have queried thru email with no luck. Any suggestions?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking in-country airlines

We had a forum member from South Africa experience the same difficulty last year with booking tickets and,after several attempts following various pieces forum advice, finally telephoned the airline(Pegasus or Sunexpress, I can't remember which one)in desperation and...they were... incredibly helpful!They explained it was some problem regarding the secure payment system and they sorted it out for them,phoned them back and phoned again later to check all was okay.I know it means an expensive initial phone call but it is worth a try.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking in-country airlines

Thanks, have already tried the telephone. Not expensive with calling card, fortunately. However, no luck connecting - and no number focusing on calls from US. Emailed both airlines, but haven't heard back. Maybe it requires paying a Turkey travel agency to make the flights?? Hate to leave it to chance as there are four of us and we need to ensure the seats. Appreciate reply though.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking in-country airlines

Hmmm,well for Pegasus head office there is a fax no

0090(212)693 97 77

and tel

0090(212)693 77 77

There is also this number which you have maybe tried already

0090(212) 444 0737

Sunexpress list only one call centre number but no fax

0090(232)4440797

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking in-country airlines

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k3314…

This is the thread from last year that I mentioned and the OP says your credit card has to be registered for 3D security.We also has someone from Australia with the same issue a few weeks later and it was they who said the airline was very helpful etc(I mixed them up!).So perhaps contact your bank to check up on what this payment security issue is.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking in-country airlines

Taa-daa I dug out the other thread!.Note the posts by forum member Tomkathy.In one of them they have included an e mail addy for a member of the booking staff who helped them.In the other posts there are other useful bits of info which should help you.The main problem seems to be asking your bank to lift the security blocks for Turkey(odd!).Hopefully this will help you with your mission(not so)impossible☺

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297984-i5896-k342…

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking in-country airlines

Thanks again. You have been most helpful. Will post if I find the best way to do this as there must be more people in the US who have had or are having the same problem.

7. Re: Booking in-country airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:18