We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

Fancy going to Turkey possibly Antalya area in August, looking for small traditional resort with sandy beach with a breeze, prefer S/C apartments rather than big hotels - ideas please?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

August in Turkey will be hot everywhere. If you want a breeze, you would be best off looking at somewhere on the Bodrum peninsula. Also more s/c apartments there than in Antalya region - where there are many large A/I hotels.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

I know you say Antalya but you could have a look at Gumusluk on the Bodrum Peninsula, I think that may be what you are looking for.

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

Many thanks. last year went to Cesme and really enjoyed it. Can you recommend another resort?

england
Level Contributor
195 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

Have you considered Cirali?You fly into Antalya.No apartments that I am aware of but no large hotels either- just small pensions. The beach is a mixture of sand / shingle.Small, traditional atmospheric resort.

Lovely!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,489 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

Hi jos....,

I would like to suggest Cirali/Olympos, a wonderful village on the coast of Mediterranean, south of Kemer/Antalya. It is a quiet, relaxing place, with a nice long beach, some good hotels and a few good restaurants and a couple of markets. Not much of a nightlife. However there are historic attractions close by like Olympos and Phaselis. Here is a nice website for Cirali: "http://www.cirali.org/". Also check the Cirali forums.

good luck,

enigma...

6. Re: Looking for small resort/quiet sandy beach with breeze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 06:16