We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

Northampton
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

Hi,

We've not been to Turkey before but are thinking about ti for this year. I've done a bit of research and September seems to be a nice month, not too hot but still hot enough to sunbathe.

Average temps vary greatly, where would you go if you were travelling in late September?

Thanks,

Helen.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

Hi Helen,

For a two week vacation, I would give 4 days to discover Istanbul, 3 days to Cappadocia, and 7 days to the Mediterranean coast. On the Med coast, Antalya, Side, Belek, Cirali/Olympos, Kas, Oludeniz, Fethiye and Dalyan are all possibilities or you can rent a car and see a bit of each.

If your only interest is sunbathing and swimming and water sports, then spend all your time at the Med coast, perhaps preferably at an AI hotel at Lara(Antalya), Belek, Side or Oludeniz. This last option will be truly a beach holiday.

enigma...

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

Hi Helen, it really depends what kind of a holiday you are looking for. You've chosen a lovely time to visit as the weather is great but not too hot that you're diving for the shade all the time.

Why not have a look at the Bodrum peninsula - there's a variety of resorts to choose from, ranging from very quiet to more active. There's not a long transfer time from the airport.

I'm not sure that I would recommend going all inclusive. Unless you are going to pay top money, AI doesn't really "work" in Turkey; plus you miss all the great eating out opportunities!!

If you have any other questions, just ask - we live on the Bodrum peninsula for half the year so know it pretty well.

Jak xx

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

Enigma's suggestion of a few days in (1) Istanbul (2) Cappadoccia (3) Side is excellent advice - but do you wish to be in 3 places in just 2 weeks? - or would you prefer to be based on one place and do the odd day trip?

You could easily be based in Side for the whole 2 weeks - it has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - turtles - lots of Roman ruins and Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love - an active amphitheatre with FREE concerts, operas and ballet in the summer season - new promenade alongside the coastline with little bars and restaurants dotted along the way - shops - Saturday market - harbour with boat trips - lots of day trips out, starting at just £4 each to Antalya and Duden Waterfall Park where you can walk behind the waterfalls or have lunch beneath them.

From Side there is a twice weekly trip to Cappadoccia - Tues and Fri only - Tour for 3 days half-board and departing 6am - Taurus mountaıns - Konya-Mevlana Museum - Sultanhanı/Caravansaraı - open aır museum - underground cıty - carpet factory - 50 GBP

There are also trips on Wednesdays and Fridays to Alanya which is a beautiful resort with fabulous views from the castle on the hilltop there all along the coast - Fridays is market day there too which is a colourful experience.

Please see Side Forum page and to right Top Questions and below there Side Tours + Costs for a list of everything that's possible to do from Side. One of my favourite trips is the white water rafting in nearby Taurus mountains which is good for all ages and even novices as it is very gentle - just £18 for the day including lunch.

cuba
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

i am looking for a holiday in turkey at the end of sept is the weather good will i need a cardi at night or will it be warm than does it rain alot in sept do you get sunshine all day ?

5. Re: Best area to visit for beach holiday 24th Sept for 2 weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:16