We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to go on a budget

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best places to go on a budget

My husband and I would like to visit Turkey for about 7 days in August this year. Our budget is limited, but I am not too keen on the touristy, commercial resorts. Any ideas or suggestions?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to go on a budget

If you have limited budget then you will prbably get a better deal if you don't go to touristy palces anyway. If you choose somewhere the Turkish people go then eating and drinking out will cost you less than if it is caterering mainly for foreign tourists.

If you fly into Bodrum airport you could have a look at Ortakent or Gundogan.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to go on a budget

it sounds like Cirali would be the perfect place for you to relax and inwind... Cirali is a small village located about 1 hours drive southwest from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. ..

also you can look at my photos for ideas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

It is not over crowded with 5 star hotels or loud bars etc. Just a nice place to have a quiet holiday. Most if not all travellers to Cirali book their own flights and acommdations directly with Cirali hotels or pansiyons.

I think it is best described in an article from the travel.timesonline.co.uk from last year..

4 CIRALI, TURKEY

Far from the package-holiday hordes, Turkey has dozens of pristine beaches, among the finest of which is Cirali, a long stretch of fine white sand at the mouth of a towering canyon. The beach, an easy walk from the ruined city of Olympos, is a protected nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. After dark, lights on the shore are extinguished so as not to confuse the hatching babies. On a moonless night, the view of the Milky Way is phenomenal.

You’ll find no banana boats or disco bars at Cirali, just a perfect two-mile beach lapped by clear blue water, and walking trails that will take you into the drama of the surrounding coastal mountains.

also cirali was mentioned in the Guardian Travel section..

guardian.co.uk/travel/…

Cirali has managed to avoid the same level of development. The 3km sweep of beach is a protected area, thanks to the loggerhead turtles who clamber out of the sea to nest on the sand. Flanked by two huge mountains, the whole area around Cirali is dramatically beautiful, while the village behind offers simple restaurants and pensions,

I am sure that other members can also offer up some useful advise :=) as everyone will have their own special places in the sun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to go on a budget

Hi

Im travelling to Altinkum this month. I am hiring a car out for two days

One for Oludeniz

2nd day - unknown yet

Can anyone give me any advice on good places to go. Have two kids (6 + 8) and am on a budget but would like to see some beautuful places

Ive been told ephesus is very expensive?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to go on a budget

Hi Shazzy,

I think you will have to forget driving to Olu Deniz - it is something like 240 miles away!! Certainly a very long drive with 2 kids - and the petrol is very expensive in Turkey.

Ephesus - expensive? Well it does cost 20 TL entrance fee - but there are lots of cheap eateries in nearby town of Selcuk.

Nearby you could visit the ruins at Didim, or drive to the very pretty Lake Bafa.

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to go on a budget

Thanks a lot.

I will go to ephesus for sure and lake bafa was something i was thinking about as well.

Can't wait now. I arrive tomorrow evening...

6. Re: Best places to go on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 07:16