We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

Hi,

I'm thinking about doing Tukey next year. Either second and third

week of May, or sometime in September, ideally last week of September and first of october, but could be two other weeks too

Not sure about exact itinerary but it'll be my first time (aside from Euphesus). So looking to do Istanbul, some relaxing beach time, and any must see site. But not more than 4-5 places and not lots of travel trime ideally. Relaxing time and scenery and what I am after. I prefer to give something a miss than rush sighseing. I am ok giving some historic sites a miss until next time.

What would be the best time? And what would you recommend in term of itinerary?

Thanks

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

I recommend Istanbul then Cappadocia (scenery) and then the Lycian coast (relaxing beach time).

May will be greener than September, and longer daylight.

Edited: 05 July 2011, 13:01
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

Thanks. I tried to book for May with my points, but unfortunately it looks like nothing is available. So I might have to go for September

Any recommendation for September? I like the suggested itinerary and was looking for last week of September and first week of October. Will it be autum already? Checked the weather history is Istanbul and it shows quite some rain/thunderstorms. But not sure if it's something that passes quickly (showers) or rain that lingers for the day.

I could also take my vacation earlier in September (2nd and 3rd week) if more recommended from a weather stand point.

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

OK, it looks like I will be able to make it from May 19th through June 6th.

So how should I use the 18 days I have? I assume I would spend:

- 4 nights in Istanbul

- 3 night in Cappadocia?

- 5 nights in the Lycian Cost? or more if more than 1 location (could go up to 7-8 days through 2 locations?)

- Somewhere on the interior for a couple of nights?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

4. Re: weather/itinerary advice for End of September or mid May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 10:17