We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the weather like in march

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
whats the weather like in march

hi all i have got 2 weeks already booked for june but we usualy have a eek early and late in the year but never to turkey at this time of year was wondering what the weather is like in southern turkey side, belek, lara antalay etc and is there much open at this time of year thanks in advance wendy

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the weather like in march

hi wendy,,,have been to sidi,and alanya,,in april for easter,,sun a bit on and of,,nightime cold..had to bye a jummper, ,,,better of on one of the canary isle in spain,,tenner or the rest,,,

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the weather like in march

Hi Wendy!

Not good for sunbathing perhaps but very good for sight seeing. But you should choose a town that is all year open and lively and many resorts are deserted before about Easter time.

The days can be lovely, hanging around the sea front enjoying a good lunch, but about 17:00 temperatures drop down and the evenings and night can be very cold.

Hope this helps, good luck!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the weather like in march

thanks for your replys will stick to were we normaly go in march canaries. and just carry on going to turkey in the summer months like we have for the last 20 years :)

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the weather like in march

I was in Side last year in March, and the weather was fantastic, went swimming in the day and stayed in my 5 star hotel in the evening which was great all inclusive. So go for it girl ....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats the weather like in march

I was in Alanya in the middle of January this year and the weather was great. Oranges & lemons growing from the trees sun was shining and was 18c. I nearly went for a swim.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats the weather like in march

Thankyou for the last 2 replies but just got back yesterday from Fuerteventura in canaries had fab sunny weather,not long now till we are back in Turkey end of june..

WENDY

7. Re: whats the weather like in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:28