We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

washington dc
Level Contributor
907 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

I am trying to purchase airline tickets on Pegasus website for our trip in October. I have called my CC to make sure they will not decline the foreign exchange transaction.

I still get an error all the way at the end as follows, even after trying from scratch multiple times - see below

Error Code : OK

Please click here to go back and retry

If error persists, click here to close window and start again.

Oxford
Level Contributor
188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

Hi,

Do you have to pay in TL? We bought tickets for an internal flight online from the UK and paid in GBP with no problem that I remember.

MD

washington dc
Level Contributor
907 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

The transaction appears in TL on Pegasus website and I don't see where I can change the currency.

I called my CC and they see the transaction take place but 2 min later it is reversed by Pegasus. CC company thinks it must be problem with Pegasus website.

Oxford
Level Contributor
188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

It does sound like a website problem. I do notice the website ( http://www.flypgs.com/en/Default.aspx ) does not have an option for the States - only the Union Jack and English. Maybe this why you're not offered the choice of paying in dollars.

Oxford
Level Contributor
188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

Quick follow up. I just tried choosing flights and it offered me the choice of currencies - including USD - on the "Reservations Results" page that opens when you click "Continue" after choosing your destinations and dates. This is the page that shows your options over a 3 day period.

hope this helps

washington dc
Level Contributor
907 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

Thanks for the tip

I was purchasing 3 sectors altogether but then it does not let me choose currency.

I bought it 1 ticket at time but I think the fare in USD is slightly higher than the exchange rate would warrant still $270 (fx rate equiv. would be $239) is much better than THY which was upwards of $1300

I also realized that I had to register my visa card with verify visa before I could use it - also if I try to use TRY currency, did not let me use the card probably since it is registered as US.

washington dc
Level Contributor
907 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

Just a quick Q for anybody who has traveled with pegasus:

can we combine the 15 kg per passenger allowance into 1 bag maybe 25 kg for 2 passengers or do we need 2 bags each less than 15 kg?

Oxford
Level Contributor
188 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

I'm glad you've got your tickets!

On the bagage allowance I haven't travelled with them yet but if I'm reading their web site right I doubt you can officially combine allowances (I know some staff from some other airlines do this unofficially at the airport). They do not actually say about combining the basic allownce but the do say

> Where there is more than one person on the PNR, additional baggage kg must be purchased for each separate passenger.

> Pre-purchased kg allowance is not transferable to another person.

( flypgs.com/en/information/general-rules.aspx )

8. Re: Purchasing Pegasus tickets in TL outside Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 00:16